Your home away from home in Tasmania's historic heart, Longford - Northern Midlands.
Architecturally built in 2013, The Wellington is the realisation of Bev and Glen Howard's dream conceived 10 years earlier on their rural property Hyde Park, where they wanted to share good old-fashioned hospitality with visitors from across the globe in their retirement.
Keen travellers themselves, Bev and Glen know what it takes to make guests feel at home on the road and The Wellington and surrounding house and grounds is perfectly appointed to ensure your stay is not only comfortable but memorable.
'It's the little things that go a long way' says Bev, who has spared no expense on making sure each room is appointed and styled to it's best. This also extends to the surrounding grounds where guests can enjoy a relaxing swim in the heated pool, or simply enjoy a wine on their private terrace whilst watching the sun set over the distant mountain ranges.
- Queen sized bed
- Luxury ensuite featuring shower, heated towel rails, hair dryer and toiletries.
- Continental breakfast served in privacy of your own room
- Modern kitchenette featuring fridge, microwave, sink and tea and coffee making facilities.
- Air conditioning and heating.
- WIFI in all areas with Stan and Netflix enabled TV.
- Laundry facilities.
- Free private off-street parking.
- Full cleaning service daily.
- Non-smoking rooms.
- Use of large in ground heated pool in season.
- Private terrace overlooking pool.
- Rural views towards river and Ben Lomond
The Wellington is located in Longford, a historic town in the heart of Tasmania's Northern Midlands and is the perfect place to base yourself for your Northern Tasmania adventure. Many attractions are within a short walk or drive away:
- 15 minutes to Launceston airport.
- 20 minutes drive to all of what Launceston has to offer.
- 25 minutes to U-TAS stadium.
- Located on your way to Brickendon and Woolmers. Estate and only 10 minutes walk to cafes, shopping centre and pubs.